212± Acre Luke Smith Grove/Mixed-Use Land
1033 US 27 N, Lake Placid, FL 33852
Property Type: Land | Total Lot Size: 212.00 Acres
This 212+/- acre property is well situated along US Hwy 27 and the South Central Florida Express railroad. Located within 2 miles of downtown Lake Placid, many of the amenities necessary to support the development of this property, including gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, hotels, churches and a hospital are close by.
The locations current zoning and Future Land Use elements, lend themselves to a multitude of possible uses including warehousing, distribution, light manufacturing, as well as various other types of commercial/industrial development. Not to mention, that with over 1,400' of US highway 27 frontage, development benefiting from a high traffic count and a highly visible location such as large box stores, retail, strip mall, residential, office or medical facilities, are certainly possibilities.
Additionally, potential also exists for the development of a solar array given this property's topography and proximity to both a power substation and a high voltage transmission line, as evidenced by Duke Energy's current construction of a 350+ acre solar array just north and west of this site. This is truly a very versatile property offered at an attractive price.
- Current Income Producing Grove. Early/Mid's & Valencia varietals. (5) permitted wells - (1) 14", (2) 12" and (2) 8"
- 1410' of Hwy 27 frontage with North Bound Access
- North and South bound US Hwy. 27 access from St. John Street to the West and North side of the property
- 5,560' of Railroad frontage (South Central Florida Express Inc.) would easily accommodate the construction of a rail spur onto this site.
- BC-2 zoning on 185 of the 212 Acres with a FLU of Commercial/Industrial (CI)
- AU (Agricultural) zoning on 27 of the 212 acres with a FLU of Agricultural (AG)
- Mobile home/ RV parks in the area are filled to capacity in this area. With a land use change, the potential to develop an RV or Manufactured Housing park exists.
- Price: $3,180,000.00
- Total Lot Size: 212.00 Acres
- Year Built: N/A
- Status: On Market
- Type: Land
- Zoning: BC-2(Business Campus) and AU(Agriculture)
NEW Sale Brochure
Highlands County Code of Ordinances Land Development Regulations (2017) Section 12.05.200 AU.pdf
Highlands County Code of Ordinances Land Development Regulations (2013) Section 12.05.246 BC-2.pdf
Property ID Cards